Etiketter

onsdag 16 oktober 2013

The date

When Mark arrives to the Space Bar, Jessica is already standing there and waiting for him.
”Hi Mark!” she shouts.
Mark blushes.
”Hi Jessica! Er... how long have you been here?”
”For about ten minutes, but it’s OK. And hey, you can call me Jess.”
She smiles at him and he gets really nervous. He points at the Space Bar and says:
”So... would you like something to eat or to drink?”
”Yeah, sure.”
He wants to say something more but it’s impossible. When she takes his hand to hold it, it’s like his mouth just can’t open and he keeps it shut.


Mark sees all the sweets in and all the cupcakes in the desk and thinks that Jess is at least as cute as all of them. 
"I would like something with chocolate. Do you like chocolate, Jess?"
"Absolutely, I love chocolate! Every woman does so. At least that's what they say."
"Two chocolate cookies, please. No, two of those. Yes. Thank you!"
He takes the tray and leads them to a table. Jess sits down first.
"What do you like to do?" she asks him.
"Well, when I was a little kid, I used to dance ballet. But I quit when the boys in my class teased me for that. And, uhm, I like lightnings to..."
He sighs.
"But I shouldn't have quit. I really miss it. Somehow, it gave me a feeling of freedom."
Jess looks at him, dreamingly.
"Oh, Mark! That's so sad..."
Then someone calls Jess.
"Hi, this is Jess. Oh, hi mom... no, I'm at the Space Bar. With a guy called Mark. He is not my boyfriend! We're just friends. I know. I love you too."
She hangs up the phone.
"I got to go. I've got dance."
"Oh... well, I promised Gary that I'd play videogames with him. You could join us if you want to! When you're done."
She smiles.
"Yeah, sure."
Jess takes her bag and walks out from the Space Bar.
When Mark comes to Gary's place, he knocks the door and Gary opens. Jess arrives two hours later. Gary opens the door and looks a bit surprised at first. Then he smiles.
"Mark didn't say that you would come, but now we're finally three players! I bought a new videogame yesterday..."
And so they played Gary's videogames all night long.

Somehow, Jess and Mark fell in love, and it would last forever.
Two weeks later: Jess and Mark got together.
Three years later: They got engaged.
Seven years later: They got married.
Ten years later: They had a baby.
Thirteen years later: They had another baby.
And seventy years later, Jess' and Mark's children would sit at their parents funerals, knowing that Jess and Mark had died together, still in love. The lightning had taken them both. But was it really an accident...? Didn't Mark say that he liked lightnings?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar