Etiketter

fredag 1 maj 2015

Eyewitness report - Forrest Gump

I study the view from where I see it, as a little bird sitting in Forrest and Jenny's old oak tree. Forrest is standing in front of Jenny’s grave which is beautifully placed right under the tree. I don’t want to glamorize death but it’s almost twilight, the sky is about to set the world on fire and the whole sight gives me shivers. Forrest assures Jenny that she would have been so proud of their son. Forrest Jr have written his mom a letter which Forrest gently leans against her headstone. After putting the letter down, Forrest says he doesn’t know if it was ”momma or lieutenant Dan who was right”, if everyone has their own destiny or if everyone is just floating around accidental-like on a breeze but he guesses it's a mix of the both. He then sobs as he says he misses Jenny and I can’t help crying inside, watching Forrest saying something this emotional that also sounds like some kind of a goodbye. After telling Jenny that he won't be far away if she needs anything, he turns around and slowly walks away from there, leaving the rest of the world in peaceful silence. I spread my wings and fly down to the grave to pick a flower. I lift with the flower in my beak and think how I’m giving Jenny a last chance to be the bird she always prayed to become.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar